Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Oh My English!

I was quite sentap when I scrolled down my Facebook timeline and read this,



For most of the people (including me), we still write in bahasa because love it or not, it is always be our mother tongue. Personally, I think that, to start writing in English requires a bunch of new vocab. Looking at my condition right now, it seems that I don't have much of it and for that reason, I skip the option to write in English. 

Even sometimes, I got stuck halfway in making sentences because I lost that word that I used to say in bahasa and couldn't get it translated in English. So, it took me to change the whole sentence and replaced it with a new one, or to the extreme level, I shall give up on writing in English and start writing in bahasa instead. Haha.

But maybe (and Inshaallah) after this, I will start writing in English. That is one way to gain new vocabs, right? Make sure to have a dictionary by your side.

And for any mistake that I will be doing regarding my English grammar in the future, I would like to apologize in advance if that brings any of you inconvenience. 

For Grammar Nazis out there, please torch me out of the darkness of stupidity if I do wrong or at least don't bash me, okay? Hoho.

To think of it, what could go wrong if I start sharing my views on life and write it down in English? And what can turn bad if everyone can access what I want to say? Because to have an effective communication is by understanding each other.

Anyway, writing and speaking in English does not make me less Malay and Malaysian after all. So, keep calm everybody (and to me too, don't be feared easily by what people may say about you).


2 comments:

  1. You're doing great, bro! Don't let anyone drag you down with their negative mentality. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, bro! Don't let anyone drag you down with their negative mentality. =D

    ReplyDelete